How to download and install EasyMPD 30 Days Free Trial Version.
You can use EasyMPD for free for 30 days. This document explains how to download and install EasyMPD 30 Days Free Trial Version.
[Requirements to install EasyMPD]
- A CompactFlash (CF) memory card for Alix and SD memory card for APU over 1GB. (Some 1GB CF or SD memory is not enough for 1GB image. Then you should use one over 2GB.)
- USB memory card reader that is compatible with CompactFlash (CF) card for Alix or SD card for APU.
- PC Engies Alix 2D2, 3D2 or 2D3 board or APU board.(It is recommended that you use 2D2 board as possible. But 3D2 and 2D3 boards are available as well.)
- EasyMPD 30 Days Free Trial image file.(easympd-eval-en.img)
- You need a program to write the EasyMPD 30 Days Free Trial image file to your CF or SD card. We recommend to use "USB Image Tool".
- An internet router. Alix or APU board must be connected to this router. And Alix or APU board must be able to connect to internet through this router. If you want to use EasyMPD 30 Days Trial Version, the Alix or APU can reach to Internet. If you want to use smart phone or tablet PC to control Alix you should use wireless router.
- Download EasyMPD 30 Days Free Trial image file(easympd-eval-en.img) and save it in your computer. You should remember the folder where you save the image file to. You can download the image file here.
- Insert CF memory card or SD memory card into the card reader and plug the reader to your computer via USB.
- Download "USB Image Tool" here and decompress the ZIP file, and then run "USB Image Tool.exe" at the decompressed folder.
- When USB Image Tool opens you can find the CF or SD card reader connected to your computer in left window of USB Image Tool. (If there is no CF or SD card reader please reconnect the CF or SD card reader and try again.) And select the CF or SD card reader shown in USB Image Tool and then click "Restore" button at bottom. When the file explorer opens you should go to find the folder where you've saved the EasyMPD 30 Days Free Trial image file (easympd-eval-en.img) to. If you select the image file then USB Image Tool will start to write the image to your CF or SD card.
- After image writing is finished, remove the CF or SD card from the reader and plug CF or SD card into Alix or APU.
Before power up Alix or APU, make sure that Alix or APU must be connected to the router and Alix or APU must be able to connect to internet through the router. If Alix or APU cannot reach to internet you will fail to install EasyMPD.
If there are two or more LAN ports on Alix, LAN cable to router must be connected to the ethernet port located near to the power connector on Alix.
If you are using APU board, LAN cable to router must be connected to the ethernet port located farthest from the power connector on APU.
- Connect the power to Alix or APU board and wait until the three LEDs in front of Alix or APU are blinking at the same time.
Please do not plug off the power from Alix or APU to this stage. If there is a power failure, the file system of memory card can be broken.
- After you wait for a minute more, the two LEDs at both ends will start blinking irregularly. Now your Alix or APU is raedy to use. Open EasyMPD WEB GUI (Web Graphic User Interface, Web Configuration Page) and do Initil Setup Wizard. Please go "Getting Started" page to see how to configure and use EasyMPD.